Texas: 5 Ways a Man Can Become the Father of a Child
Who is the father of the child? In Texas, there are 5 ways in which a man can become the legal father of a child.
1. The man meets the conditions to become the presumed father.
2. The man acknowledges he is the father. He does this by voluntarily signing a document, along with the mother of the child, saying he is the child’s father, and he files it with the Texas Vital Statistics Unit.
3. The man legally adopts the child.
4. The court declares he is the father of the child. This usually consists of a lawsuit in which the man has submitted to a paternity test and results prove he is the father.
5. The man consented to assisted reproduction.
DISCLAIMER: The following information found on www.legalattraction.com is provided for general informational purposes only. It may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained on this website should be construed as legal advice or the creation of an attorney-client relationship. This information is not intended to be a substitute for legal representation by an attorney.